Sheet Piling Group Event – Innovative Steel Piling Solutions
Representatives from Sheet Piling (UK) Ltd will attend the annual Steel Piling Group event, held at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in Westminster, London on Thursday 7th November 2019. The theme of this year’s annual event is ‘Innovative Steel Piling Solutions’ which mirrors the theme of the parallel UK Steel Construction Day.
The seminars at the Steel Piling Group event will investigate how steel piling solutions can be used more effectively, to build with improved speed, quality, safety, predictability, and sustainability.
This meeting of key players in the industry will also provide an opportunity to share perspectives from clients and developers as well as from key industry professionals and academic researchers. The Steel Piling Group will also explore and discuss the very latest updates in regulations and standards from those parties involved in their development.
Formed in 1995 by British Steel, the Steel Piling Group was originally created to help promote steel piling throughout the wider UK construction and civil engineering industries. In 2006, the Steel Piling Group re-launched as an independent group, funded by industry members, with a remit to offer a forum for discussion and hub for industry and technical knowledge of steel piling. The Steel Piling Group’s stated objectives are:
- Promote the use of steel piling.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of steel piling.
- Assist with the development of codes and specifications.
- Identify, encourage and publish research to advance the use of steel piling systems.
- Provide a cross industry source of knowledge of design and construction aspects of steel piling.
- Promote sustainable use of steel piling by advancing best practices including: reuse, recycling, efficiencies and carbon reduction.
The Steel Piling Group committee includes prominent industry insiders, including Sheet Piling (UK) Ltd Managing Director Andrew Cotton. As a Chartered Civil Engineer with over 15 years experience in the steel sheet piling sector, Andrew believes it’s important to play an active role in the steel piling community: “We’re pleased to be part of the Steel Piling Group and this year’s event will be of particular interest given it’s focus on ‘Innovative Steel Piling Solutions’. As a member of group notable for being at the forefront of technical innovations, we’re looking forward to listening to the excellent line-up of keynote speakers and participating in discussions surrounding recent developments with colleagues from the steel piling industry.”
Speakers at the 2019 Steel Piling Group event include:
- Cécile Prüm, Convenor of Eurocode 3 – Design of steel structures – Part 5: Piling
- Brian Rousell, Director of Engineering, Shoreham Port Authority
- Myles Bethell, Senior Design Engineer, BAM Nuttall
- Jakub Malinowski, Researcher, University of Southampton
NOTES TO EDITORS
Sheet Piling (UK) Limited is one of the UK's leading piling contractors. Owning and operating a comprehensive range of specialist piling equipment Sheet Piling (UK) Ltd also carry extensive stocks of new and used piles enabling rapid reaction to any urgent requirements or emergency situations.