The essential characteristics of a Z section sheet pile is the continuous nature of the web and the location of the interlock symmetrically on both sides of the neutral axis.
Both of these physical properties have a positive influence on the section modulus of the pile section.
Additional benefits of Z section sheet piles are noted below:
- Interlocks located on the flange thus giving optimised section profile for competitive section modulus-to-mass ratio.
- High inertia characteristics enabling reduction in deflections for serviceability design checks.
- Efficient section modulus with high bending moment resistance.
- No consideration of reduction factors required on physical properties unlike U section sheet piles.
- Uniform section thickness for superior drivability and enhanced durability performance.
- Greater pile section width providing reduction in installation periods and improved water tightness.
- Incorporates proven hot rolled Larssen interlock.
- Supplied in Grade S355GP steel to BS EN 10248:Pt1 with mill certificates.