Z-section sheet piles are becoming increasingly popular within projects requiring sheet piles and Sheet Piling (UK) Limited is at the forefront when it comes to their supply.
The essential characteristics of any Z-section sheet pile are the continuous nature of the web and the specific location of the interlocks on the outside flange of the section. These offer various advantages.
Both of these physical properties have a positive influence on the section modulus of this particular type of pile section.
Additional benefits of Z-section sheet piles are noted below:
- interlocks located on the flange, which provide an optimised section profile, for competitive section modulus-to-mass ratio.
- high inertia characteristics.
- an efficient section modulus, with high bending moment resistance.
- no consideration of the reduction factors required on physical properties, unlike U-section sheet piles.
- a uniform section thickness, for superior driveability and enhanced durability performance.
- a greater pile section width, providing reduction in installation periods and improved water tightness.
- incorporation of proven hot rolled Larssen interlock.
- Grade S355GP steel, manufactured to BS EN 10248:Pt1 and supplied with supporting mill certificates.