To compliment our extensive fleet of in-house plant and equipment, Sheet Piling (UK) Ltd operate a number of excavator mounted side grip sheet piling rig which provide a wide range of applications on driven sheet piling projects.
The versatility and manoeuvrability of the side grip vibratory hammer permits their use for the following applications:
- Projects involving driving a wide range of steel piles including sheet piles, ‘H’ bearing piling and tubular steel piles.
- Projects which are safety critical (i.e. adjacent to live railway lines), where the method of pitching the pile from the horizontal to vertical is particularly efficient and provides a robust safe system of works.
- Projects with varying ground conditions since ancillary techniques can be adopted including soil loosening auger and hydraulic impact hammer.
- Projects involving restricted or limited access due to the manoeuvrability, reduced footprint and enhanced reach capacity of the excavator base machine.
Sheet Piling (UK) Ltd use the CAT 328D LCR excavator base machine which is not only a tried and tested excavator in the construction industry but has the advantage of piling applications in having been designed to rotate with a minimal amount of tail slewing which permits the machine to work in tight and confined areas.
The side grip vibratory hammer which is fitted to the CAT 328D LCR excavator is a Movax 3G-60 vibratory hammer making it suitable for driving a complete range of sheet piles, ‘H’ piles and tubular steel piles in a range of restricted sites and ground conditions.
Movax is a Finnish company established in 1993, who specialise in the design, development and manufacturing g of excavator mounted piling equipment with advanced control and information management systems.
The benefits of the ‘Movax’ range of vibratory hammers includes:
- Interchangeable Side Grip Arm – allows for driving a range of sheet piles, ‘H’ piles and steel tubes.
- Moving arms on both sides – allows safe and efficient handling and pitch of sheet piles.
- Efficient Driving and Extracting – provides good geometry for delivering driving energy.
- Suitable of Restricted and Limited Access Work – machine reach ideal to reduce enabling works.
Additional features added to the excavator mounted side grip piling rig to improve safety and operational efficiency include:
- The Movax MCS Pro Control System which is an advance state-of-the-art control system for easier precise and more productive and efficient operation.
- Automatic safe load indicator (SLI) for lifting operations.
- Slew and height restrictor.
In conclusion, the CAT 328D LCR excavator and Movax SG60 side grip hammer offer a versatile and flexible solution for driving of steel piles and in additions, provides an optimised way-of-working for higher productivity and safety over traditional piling methods on certain projects.